Bar stool

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sawhead

Established Member
Reaction score
I made six of these when my daughter decided to hold a 60's night. The theme was an American diner. These bar stools were part of a whole set I made including the bar and booth area. The wood came from various scraps I had including door stiles and rails, pallets etc, nothing of any quality. The stool frames were M&T with 15% angles. The seats not shown here were made from a chipboard base with foam and a vinyl covering. Tools used were table saw and a hammer and chisel.

Bar stool.jpg

I made six of these when my daughter decided to hold a 60's night. The theme was an American diner. These bar stools were part of a whole set I made including the bar and booth area. The wood came from various scraps I had including door stiles and rails, pallets etc, nothing of any quality. The stool frames were M&T with 15% angles. The seats not shown here were made from a chipboard base with foam and a vinyl covering. Tools used were table saw and a hammer and chisel.

View attachment 120416
Good question. To be honest they are a mistake but when you have limited resources you have to use what you got. My daughter doesn't know so don't say anything. The mortices were with the hammer and chisel. The tenons were done on the table saw.

Back