Banter with the neighbours

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Maskery

Established Member
Reaction score
I do not live in a posh area. But I have lovely neighbours. Next door there is a young lass with two boys. I guess they are about 11 or 12 and 8 or so. They could be 18 and 3, cos I'm not very good at guessing ages, but I suspect my first estimate is probably more accurate. Anyway, they are nice folk, including the kids.

They are outside clearing the snow from their drive, so I poked my nose out and said, tongue firmly planted in cheek, of course, "Oi! I hope you are not piling up all you snow onto my drive!"

"Shall we bury Steve's car?", was Laura's mischievous reply. And we had an enjoyable couple of minutes' banter before I wimped back inside.

I'd just opened a bottle of Cava. I'm not a fizz sort of bloke at all, but this just fell into my hand. It was suitably horrible, and I was just about to pour it down the sink when I though of NDN.

"Are you a dry white wine sort of lady?", I enquired. "Oh yes", was the reply. So I gave her the rest of the bottle to enjoy or throw away as she saw fit. I suppose I imagined she'd wait until she'd cleared the drive, then treat herself. But no, she simply knocked it back like a trouper, declaring it delicious. I could not help having hysterics. Ah, the cultured young.

I only had a KitKat for the boys, but they seemed just as happy.

A most enjoyable neighbourly encounter.
S

Using my powered snow plough to clear our drive a couple of weeks back. Neighbour came out to clear his drive, so I offered to come round and do it to save him the work. "No, it's fine, I just like the exercise". It's a big, wide drive and turning space. He's 78.....................

Steve

Having just (this week) bought the Complete Bandsaw (4,5 & 6) and been really chuffed with the set, it comes as something of a shock to picture you with a glass of Cava - especially as the previous image was of you against a less than small Sheppach bandsaw!
I was so taken aback that I've just had to pour myself another bottle of Ruddles

Glynne

Despite the several Ruddles, that was meant to be irony.
Scousers can be ironic - as well as sarcastic, grumpy, bad tempered, agressive etc.
Dead jealous indeed!

Creme de Menthe before bed?

Bacardi and Coke .....was so lethal ........that 45 years later i cant even stand the smell of it ...lol
me and my mate used to buy a bottle of bacardi for 18 shillings (90p) and just top up with coke/pepsi and then drive home ;O(.... in a mini

glad things have changed ;O)

we were earning wait for it as appentices £2.18 shillings and threepence a week( i have still got my first pay slip so i know this to be correct) lol ....so nine bob each was on the bacardi lol ...happy days

and still had changed for a burger from the van on the night lol

Webby":1hwlsv3r said:
Bacardi and Coke .....was so lethal ........that 45 years later I can't even stand the smell of it ...lol...

That is so true. Strange, isn't it, how a really really really bad session ( projectile vomit, spinning room, just-want-to-die-the-next-day kind of bad session) puts you off that particular tipple for life.

Out of curiosity I recently cobbled together a simple spreadsheet. All I need do is either enter the ml and strength of wine or the number of pints drunk and it calculates the number of units. Bit if a wake-up call. First week, 37 :oops: :oops: . Second week, 27 :oops: Third week 19.

It's bloody hard though. A bottle of Butty Bach (only 500ml) is over 2 units...bottle of 12.5% wine is around 9 units...

dickm":2nk564s8 said:
Using my powered snow plough to clear our drive a couple of weeks back. Neighbour came out to clear his drive, so I offered to come round and do it to save him the work. "No, it's fine, I just like the exercise". It's a big, wide drive and turning space. He's 78.....................

I helped my old neighbour clear his snow by making him a snow plough.................

Snow plough.jpg

Andy

Attachments

• Snow plough.jpg
    Snow plough.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 994
Kirkby, Liverpool?
If so I used to work near there in Prescot. Did quite a few projects in parks and outdoor spaces around there!

Up-market? - Not the Kirkby I know...
Though it was better than some of the other local towns.

Steve Maskery":1372hd3x said:
Cowboy _Builder":1372hd3x said:
What did you expect Steve, you now live in KIRKBY..... :wink:

Please, just outside Kirkby actually. The town boundary is several hundred yards away. That is very important.

S
So where exactly not in Kirkby do you live ?
I used to own the Countryman pub and that's about as far out of Kirkby you can get and still be there :D

:shock: a single MILF that likes cheap wine, living next door. Sounds like you've come up trumps Steve :lol:
I'd buy a case and invite her round

I'm not quite sure she'd appreciate being described in that way, Max! Anyway, she does have a bloke, though he doesn't live here and she's young enough to be my daughter.
Plus I've come to the conclusion that all women are weird and I'd rather spend my money on a new workshop. You know where you are with inanimate objects.
S

Back