Bankers are going to have bumper bonuses this Christmas

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
devonwoody":2xawnsqp said:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business/market_data/stockmarket/twelve_month.stm

The amount of shares that are being bought and sold means bankers commissions are going to be fantastic this year!!

Never mind the price its quantity that counts in that game.

How different is it to used car salesmen - if loads of cars were being bought and sold? Bankers don't buy and sell shares - stockbrokers do.

devonwoody":1fpjrboo said:
Well where do bankers get their stock market bonuses from?

Do you think it might have something to do with getting some of their pay\bonuses in shares? Therefore the value of the bonus would be dependent on the share price.

As I state earlier - bankers don't buy\sell shares on behalf of clients, stockbrokers do.

devonwoody":i67yekxx said:
Ultimately from us.
Luckily we have Thatcher's trickle-down theory to rely on so it will all be coming back our way sooner or later!

Jacob":2j8pa1qy said:
devonwoody":2j8pa1qy said:
Ultimately from us.
Luckily we have Thatcher's trickle-down theory to rely on so it will all be coming back our way sooner or later!

Don't you believe in the trickle down theory??

What do you call those young whiz kids sitting in front of computers buying and selling shares?

They are the ones on commision/bonuses for sales and profitable purchases?

mark270981":87p95nj3 said:
Jacob":87p95nj3 said:
devonwoody":87p95nj3 said:
Ultimately from us.

Mark, written like a true capitalist, when do I get my bit, I'm a pensioner and all I do is pay out no other income.

devonwoody":3809qiiq said:
What do you call those young whiz kids sitting in front of computers buying and selling shares?

You call them stockbrokers or the more generic term, traders. Did you somehow miss the first 2 explanations or just taking the pineapple?

Dibs-h":xf9ufzcf said:
devonwoody":xf9ufzcf said:

You call them stockbrokers or the more generic term, traders. Did you somehow miss the first 2 explanations or just taking the pineapple?

And when they become rogue traders the bank can go bust, so when they make good the bankers must therefore make good profits.

So bankers are going to get big bonuses this Christmas.

devonwoody":32oij91r said:
Dibs-h":32oij91r said:
devonwoody":32oij91r said:

And when they become rogue traders the bank can go bust, so when they make good the bankers must therefore make good profits.

So bankers are going to get big bonuses this Christmas.

If a company has done well - why shouldn't their employers get bonuses?

But then again - I see you've gone into rather simplistic mode and that's a little hard to reason with.

The thread was :

Bankers are going to have bumper bonuses this Christmas .

Which bearing in mind the size and benefit to the whole community is not fair.

Think banking crisis 2008 and its on going costs to the community and not the bankers.

mark270981":2pvxauap said:
Jacob":2pvxauap said:
devonwoody":2pvxauap said:
Ultimately from us.

Trickle up theory is more convincing i.e. in a free unregulated market wealth trickles upwards into fewer and fewer hands. As can be seen throughout the world. For us, amongst other things, Bankers get bigger bonuses and the poor get poorer

devonwoody":1wdva03a said:
The thread was :

Bankers are going to have bumper bonuses this Christmas .

Which bearing in mind the size and benefit to the whole community is not fair.

Think banking crisis 2008 and its on going costs to the community and not the bankers.

Yes - the thread title and the 1st post are an oxymoron,

Thread title = Bankers are going to have bumper bonuses this Christmas

and

Post = The amount of shares that are being bought and sold means bankers commissions are going to be fantastic this year!!

As I pointed out numerous times and you just don't seem to be getting it - Bankers don't buy\sell shares, Traders do. The reality is folk working for firms with a trading division (or that's all the firm does) may well get good bonuses, assuming no substantial losses.

Does it bother you that folk are being rewarded for their work? Why shouldn't they be rewarded?

We're not having a conversation on bonuses being paid to folk working at firms bailed out by the Gov't. As you pointed out - lets stick to the thread title & your 1st post.

Did I say bankers buy and sell shares?

Bankers employ traders and they are doing many trades by the movement shown on those graphs and ultimately the bankers are going to get bumber profits and we all know what that causes.

The general public are having to support banks because of their excesses in the past and they should be getting good bonuses again this year whilst has taxpayers we have rescued them.

No they should not be reaping such high rewards whilst tax payers are still supporting their business.

Ah - there we have it. One of the most base of reasons.

Dibs.

p.s. Might be an idea for you to actually find out how many banks the tax payer supported and what percentage they represent in the City? Might not quite be the number you were expecting.

John

Absolutely - wouldn't have it any other way. How come you've got time on your hands today? No tissues boxes, no helping neighbours with PC problems? Or is it a case of "Sod it, can't be @rsed today!"

Dibs

Latest posts

Back