Bank holiday weekend

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmab9

Established Member
Reaction score
So what have you done over the weekend .on Saturday bought a garden shed for the Mrs ,Sunday spent putting it up and took all her rubbish out of my shed and today it's pineappled down all day.so stayed in

Went to see a craft fair at Boughton House near Kettering and there were a couple of good wood-turners showing with some original pieces and then I came across Paul Coker http://www.cpaulcoker.co.uk/page4.html who is in a class of his own. He was demonstrating on his home-made rose engine. If you get the chance to see him then go because his work is unbelievable! He also does simple stuff like restoring chess pieces but the ornamental stuff is to drool over!!
Regards Keith

Visited the Somme battlefields. In Arras tonight (don't bother - it has the potential to be lovely but it's not), then Crecy on Wednesday.

Mark

Saturday, Celebration of craftsmanship & design in Cheltenham, fantastic furniture & had the pleasure of meeting a couple of the exhibitors as well as Peter Sefton.

Sunday, thrashed the kids on Wii sports & worked up an appetite for a curry =P~ =P~

Today, after servicing the van, spent the rest of the day dismantling the workshop compressor as it packed up last week & then took my spindle moulder apart as i need to machine the spindle as it`s running 7 thou out :?

Need tomorrow off to get over the weekend :lol: :lol:

Torrential downpours on Saturday. Started cutting the hedges Sunday. Washed out today :roll:

I know the hedges are early but it takes me 4 days and I'm off on hol in a couple of weeks.

Bob

mark aspin":1apytczr said:
Visited the Somme battlefields. In Arras tonight (don't bother - it has the potential to be lovely but it's not), then Crecy on Wednesday.

Mark

My Great Uncle Robert is buried in the small village of Coullemont between Arras and Albert. After getting through WW1 almost to the end he drowned in a village well while making he's way back to his billet. His is the only war grave in the village.

Every elected world leader should be sworn in at the Somme, it might focus their minds on the insanity of war.

Did you visit the caves under the cathedral? They are full of artwork and grafitti by New Zealand soldiers.

Saturday, workshop working...........er oh yes...Sunday am brunch at Mum and Dads..afternoon......eeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrr workshop still working on finding more space (TIDY UP), a never ending clean up. Monday skirting boards in an extension. finished 8.00 pm the van seems to have an in built sat system and the right hand indicator came on when I was 100 yards from a er pub. Dust washed down back home key hung up food washed down with another couple of beers.

Monday, I read a book , it was that bad down here in the SW. Also searched the internet for a sideboard plan but no success.

I was out in the garden pruning the roses and getting rid of the @@@@@ bindweed. It was lovely and hot here.

In between the frequent downpours.

We seem to be getting a nice day followed by a bad one?
But with our two youngest Granddaughters staying, no time for much else.
With the very wet spring etc I had to trim my hedge in early summer - when ever we had a few dry days! Normally I cut it in September?

Rod

We sit between 2 winds. The Tramontane, NW, cold, dry off the Atlantic, and the Marin (pronounced Maran, French????), warm and humid off the Med. When the Marin blows in the summer it's very humid and quite often towards the evening the Tramontane will start and they very often meet about here. Then the fun starts because the Tramontane drives under the Marin, being cold and more dense, and drives the warm humid air up which causes some of the best natural fireworks you can imagine. This evening it started way SW of us and we watched it get closer, over the top and vanish into the east. There was not a 5 second interval between the lightening for about 1 1/2 hours. A fantastic display of what nature is capable of.

No bank holiday here, but what a display!!

Saturday Altrincham to Westonbirt Treefest in VW California. Rain, rain and more rain. Then to Wiltshire. Spent the night and had a birthday lunch, sunday with the outlaws for my wife's birthday.Went to Heathrow sunday afternoon, stayed in a Travelodge. Monday picked up daughters on arrival back from N.Y.very early after finding out that the arrivals at T4 had a 2m height barrier, we are 2.05m, so had to go to business park at £28!!!! caught free bus to T4, picked up girls and caught same bus back. had parking charge reduced to £4.70 Took one to Ealing, other to Wimbeldon, picked up Ealing girl and boyfiend, and back home. £11 on toll road!!!!! more than a car and caravan!!! Rain Rain Rain. Home. Made food, fed all, packed the kids off to their own flat. Bed.

Jonzjob - excellent meteorological explanation =D> =D>

Dave (retired met. man)

PS no Bank holiday here ... north of the border

The whole weekend spent working in San Lorenzo, Argentina. It's the winter here, but weather has been dry and quite pleasant.

Sat - fitted vinyl flooring (boo) and glued the scales to a knife handle

Sun - went for a lovely long walk in the Chilterns

Mon - sanded and shaped the knife handle, and successfully dodged any more DIY

No, a general cratfs/whittling type of thing. It was my first attempt at fitting a handle, so only got a reasonably cheap stainless blade to practice, before buying a decent carbon one.

Apologies for the pic quality, it was done on a mobile. Apologies for the work quality, it was done by me...

knife 01.jpg

Attachments

• knife 01.jpg
    knife 01.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 549
Back