Bandstand clock help

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steven

Established Member
Reaction score
I would like to make a bandstand clock and I was looking for some type of plan to base it on, I was looking for a free plan and could not find any.

I will be making the style to suit myself but I am not too sure of the sizes of each piece. To hand I have a 72mm Gold Bezel Insert and some steamed Beach, the size of the beach is 125mm x 25mm x 1500mm.

I think the Beach is a little small for this, would I be right?

if you were to check out Nick Arnulls web site you may find what you are looking for.
I seem to remember he had one in The Woodturner mag.

Thanks for the response, I maybe missing something but I do not see anything re the sizes for each piece.

Steven":17yjw8v8 said:
I would like to make a bandstand clock and I was looking for some type of plan to base it on, I was looking for a free plan and could not find any.

I will be making the style to suit myself but I am not too sure of the sizes of each piece. To hand I have a 72mm Gold Bezel Insert and some steamed Beach, the size of the beach is 125mm x 25mm x 1500mm.

I think the Beach is a little small for this, would I be right?

ive never made a bandstand clock so using pauls as a idea
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7173/6485 ... d5b7_b.jpg
this is pure guesswork :shock:
the bezel is the only fixed size to work with (72mm) so if you were to slice a square of the top of your beech = 125x125x25 that would be big enough for the clock housing. leaving 125x25x1375. another two 125 squares for the top and base would leave you with plenty for uprights. so it all depends on whether your design will look ok with a max dia base and top of 125mm with a 72 mm clock in the middle.
(looking at pauls) you could always double up the thickness on the base to 50mm.
obviously its down to final design but i reckon it should work, pencil, paper and rule(r) time i think. do a scale sketch see if you like the outcome, or, as i do, just go for it :D its all practice :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back