bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hammer n nails

Established Member
Reaction score
hi does anyone know anything about a pro tm 305 2 speed band saw its mounted on a stand and has retractable casters are they any good i have see one in my local rag will go and see it tomorrow that's the only information i have on this saw can anyone give me any tips to look out for if you know this machine have go-ogled it but came up with nothing

I suspect the model might be "pro" but you need to find out the make/importer
It could be a badged clone of one of the chaiwanese machines. Do you know how old it is?

Sorry I can't be more helpful

Bob

I think there are some words missing and the brand will be 'Performance Power Pro' which is a B&Q own brand. This one is still listed but is probably a different size model.
I wouldn't expect much if that's what it turns out to be.

AndyT":82plh903 said:
'Performance Power Pro' which is a B&Q own brand.

Were there ever any 2-speed Performance Power bandsaws, though? I'd have thought that would be a bit of an extravagant extra for that range!

SIP's 12" model is also listed as "305mm", and does have 2 speeds and a wheeled stand as standard, according to their current catalogue.

Knowing the class (or lack of it) of Performance Pro equipment, they would possibly just switched in diode to provide two speeds.

B&D used to pull this stunt on their mains drills.

Bob

well i brought it . it is performance power no spare blades no manual says on the plate
305 mm 2 speed bandsaw clm 305 bs weight 63 kg blade 2312 371 + 624 m/min
have tried to put up a photo with no avail will try again later comes on a stand about 5ft on stand
where is the best place to get blades /belts machine works well and cuts straight

hammer n nails":2dfj76n7 said:
where is the best place to get blades /belts

Can't comment on belts, but the rote answer for blades is Tuff Saws:

http://www.tuffsaws.co.uk

When I moved from another manufacturer's 'premium' blades to TuffSaws' blades it was like upgrading to a new machine. Which sounds like stupid marketing tripe, but it's true!

9fingers":33ncb5vn said:
Knowing the class (or lack of it) of Performance Pro equipment, they would possibly just switched in diode to provide two speeds.

B&D used to pull this stunt on their mains drills.

Bob

So did Wolf, and B&D, and a fair few others I've pulled apart over the years. If it works, it works.

Much B&Q own branded gear is actually Ryobi. Not the best, but well usable.

Roy

Back