Bandsaw Woe

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

segovia

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

Just setting up my new Record 350 using the blade that came with it and ripped some thin laminates as a test on some 3" mahogany.

The blade seems to want to move towards the fence, so I can start with a 1/8" cut for about 3/8" than moves in about a 1/32 - 1/16 towards the fence.

I have ordered some new blades (not arrived yet) and I have made sure the existing blade is tracking in the center of the top wheel

Any ideas

John

A friend downloaded a video (AVI) for me recently called "mastering your bandsaw with Mark Duginske". Blade setup is one of the topics covered and Mark says that a 1/2" blade should run nearer the front of the wheel. My 1/2" 6 TPI blade from Tuffsaws does and cuts well with the fence set at 90 degrees to the blade.

I will give it a go but in my mind if it is nearer the front its toeing in and would exasperate my issue, I try anything though

Thanks

John

I've not looked at the Duginske videos but I have watched Steve's DVD on setting up a bandsaw and, to be honest, like all his other DVD's, well worth the money. Solved my problems.

RogerS":1i3okuec said:
I've not looked at the Duginske videos but I have watched Steve's DVD on setting up a bandsaw and, to be honest, like all his other DVD's, well worth the money. Solved my problems.

Hi

Have both but neither replicate my issue :D

Is the table square to the blade John? If the table is not square to the trunion and the trunnion is not square to the saw frame it could make the fence way out of square to the blade.

It sounds to me like you just need to track the top wheel back a bit. Don't forget to adjust the thrust bearings when you do so. You may find that it is only a very minor tweak that is required.
S

Back