Bandsaw Time Perform or SIP

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UKTony

Established Member
Reaction score
Time to upgrade my bandsaw so i can cut my own blanks, my Budget is £300.00 and i was impressed by the SIP 14" model at the show. I have lots of Perform kit which i have been happy with but does not seem to read that well on a few of the posts here. My main concern is farting about with adjustments and blade changing so on that basis go for one of these, save a little more, or phone a friend?

Any advice greatfully recieved

Tony

Wishes Triton Made a Bandsaw

I have a sip 12" bandsaw and am very happy with it , had it about a year and have had no problems :)
Ps The sip comes with a 2 year waranty on the motor to

I also have the sip 12" and have been very happy with it. Googled for sip on the net and found a firm doing it £50 cheaper than the offer price at the Stonleigh show two days before.

Alan.

If you have £300 the new EB 317 is worth a look. D&M Toosl are offering the bandsaw, stand, mitre fence, set of 4 blades and a 1/3rd sheet Metabo sander for £299 inc VAT. :shock:

I have the Sip 14" and have found it to be excellent. Much better once I put a decent blade in it though. I got it at a bargain price at the show West Skeltson were doing last year :D

Tony,

I've got the Perform CCBB and will admit to being pleased with it. Even with only screwfix (gasp!! :oops: ) blades it does a good job. Easy to set up although I suspect for some it hasn't got enough adjustments (can't adjust the top wheel if necessary) so have to rely on it working properly out of the box.

I really must get round to trying some duredge blades as applauded by many on this site and see if it gets better.

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

I have the CCBB as well and ordered some Dure-Edge blades yesterday. I have been pretty impressed with the saw itself even though I'm a total amateur at setting these things up.
Tony, I would guess the only way to tell whether it is perhaps too 'hobby' orientated would be to find some members nearby and try their machines out.

Cheers,

V.

Thanks all..i have opted for the SIP all inclusive price of £280.00, arrives Friday... i will have to change my signature now that i've addeds some new colours :lol:

No.................................I swear i'm cursed

167_t.jpg

Looks like one hardly used SIP Bandsaw may well be appearing on Ebay

:eek:

Back