Bandsaw setup

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ow ow ow another kity!!!

TABLESAW, although my startrite would have a good go as well.

steve

dedee":8acy58qa said:
DW,

yes barely 1/4" to spare either side of the tablesaw and only 1" at either end of the wood being ripped. I need a bigger workshop

Andy

I have a novel suggestion for you :D

Purchase a bandsaw put it in the hallway of your residence and build a cupboard around the machine to hide from the misses. Sawdust is not too much of a problem but might be advisable to do the sawing when the lady is out :D

Not enough in/outfeed on my bandsaw so I would use my tablesaw. Deep rip, obviously bandsaw.
Cheers
Philly :norm:

If I was feeling brave (and a tiny bit reckless) - table saw.

Otherwise - band saw.

It would rather depend on how dry and stable the wood was, and if I was concerned about it moving during the cutting operation. Unless I was 100% confident that it wouldn't twist or move in any way while cutting, I would go with the bandsaw. (Had a narrow escape on a kick-back a few months ago!) :shock:

TT,
kickback was utmost in my mind when I ripped the cedar boards in the above photo. I do not own a bandsaw so there was really no choice.

I took care setting up the riving kife and checked the fence to blade distance several times.
A safer method would be to use a seconday fence attached to the tablesaw fence but stopping just short of the centre of the saw blade, thereby preventing the wood from being pinched between blade and fence.

Andy

table saw no problem ,bandsaw is a little 9"draper with dure edge blades and its still c***.

Back