Bandsaw recommendations please?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Double, Double toil and trouble, must wake up before I start posting. (hammer)

nickds1":p9ufkq17 said:
Motor input is 1.4kW according to the spec sheet.

I should have said that the lights flicker when it starts.

That's due to the impedance of the power in the building - we're rural, at the end of a very long (probably 1/3mile or more) paper&oil 3phase 100A feed to the house, then another 100mtrs to my workshop (single phase, 40A SWA). The overall impedance is not great and we regularly get brown-outs , so all sensitive (e.g. IT) kit is on online UPSs

The whole installation was last certified only a few months ago - it's just a feature of this particular setting...

If you are sure it's Z then the voltage drop is probably due to an undersized cable over the 100M from the incoming main, you have over 30amps per phase which is better than my 20amps per phase and I don't get any flicker of my lights, and you don't get much more rural than where I am in France, probably 3Km from the transformer.

You need to test the Ze and Zs to find out where the impedance fault is, power supply side before the meter, or your side of the meter.

Sorry guys, for those of you scratching your head, Ze = is the external loop impedance (from the suppler side of the consumer unit back to the transformer) Zs = is the system loop impedance (ie the circuit from the consumer unit out to the sockets / lighting etc)

Back