Bandsaw Recommendation for Wood Ripping

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had you considered a track saw? It seems a good compromise? Use outside on trestles, far straighter than circular saw? Packs away smaller than any fixed saw?
This is my current circular saw. I add a straight edge as a guide and I need to offset it 30 mm, to get exact cutting distance. Of course I can use this only to rip bigger boards that I can put on trestles, not some 200-300 mm boards. This will be ripped with a hand saw.
1651149449849.png

This is my current circular saw. I add a straight edge as a guide and I need to offset it 30 mm, to get exact cutting distance. Of course I can use this only to rip bigger boards that I can put on trestles, not some 200-300 mm boards. This will be ripped with a hand saw.
View attachment 134695
Understood. Having used both, I'm convinced the tracksaw does a better job. YMMV?
No offset needed, cut to a line. Smaller boards? All you need is support for the width of the track.

I used a half inch blade on my INCA saw and ripped 15 centimetre thick stock. You do not need a beast of a saw just a well balanced one, the correct tooth saw that has been welded correctly and patience. It is slower that a circular saw yes. But it is so much safer to use. No kickback issues.

Back