bandsaw problem

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smithy

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am having a bit of trouble with my bandsaw. When I switch it on it just hums. If I spin the wheels and give it a bit of assistance it runs OK. Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks

Mike

Is the belt tensioned properly? Kind of sounds like it's not transferring the motor power to the wheels but I'm no expert.

I would go along with Steve. Te capacitor is there to give the motor a 'kick', for want of a better word, to get it to start and if it is running OK with a mechanical kick from you then that's almost certainly what it is.

If you aren't sure how to do it then get a friendly electrician to give you a hand. It shouldn't be an expensive fix and better than you possibly screwing it up? Sorry if this is egg sucking and granny?

Many thanks for the reply. I had a feeling that could be the problem but I spent all evening racking my brain and could not come up with capacitor. Must be an age problem. I will now try and find a capacitor and engage the assistance of an engineer friend.

Once again many thanks.

Mike

Latest posts

Back