bandsaw power switch

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cisamcgu

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I have an Axminster HBS310N bandsaw and I think the on/off switch is dying. I can turn it on and it may run for minutes or it may turn off within 2 seconds - or do anything in between. Nothing else seems wrong, no strange noises, no odd burning smells, not banging or knocking at all.

If I hold the green ON switch in, then the saw will run happily, but obviously using the saw one handed is a recipe for losing fingers :)

I presume I can just call Axminster and order a replacement switch - or am I missing something else, and the switch isn't the issue ?

Any advice ?

Kindest regards
Andrew

Is the off switch jammed in? try pulling it out. that could cause that problem

first thing to try is to blow any and all dust out of the switch. the fix may be no more than that.

I had a switch problem on my old saw and on opening it up the switch was chock full of sawdust. Its a good place to start looking and also the door switches like Triton said. If thats not the fix then you are into electrics.
Regards
John

But pleasemake sure everything is OFF and full isolated/unplugged before doing any of these suggestions.

After making sure everything was very OFF (thanks @OldWood ) I took the NVR switch apart, made sure it was completely clean and put it back in place - no improvement. However, the lower door switch seems to be rather "spongy" and doesn't click in and out like the upper one. I will try and order a replacement and see how it goes.

Thanks everyone !

Back