Bandsaw guide block review

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jensmith

Established Member
Reaction score
Jimi43 made me some really nice new Lignum Vitae guide blocks for my bandsaw. The originals consisted of 2 rather shonky LV ones and 2 steel, the steel ones being very noisy and the LV being both too short and badly cut so the faces weren't flat. (Not made by me I hasten to add!)

A package arrived in the post this week and I was delighted to find 4 beautiful LV guides inside (plus a spare). My guides are round which I imagine makes them trickier to make. Photos below.

Thanks again to Jim.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 93
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 93
Hi Jennifer

Glad you got them.

Remember, unlike steel ones these can fit flush to the blade...adjust so that they just release the blade and it moves freely. Try to keep the thrust bearing correctly set as damage to the LV ones will only occur if the teeth are allowed back far enough to rub on the guides.

If you don't allow this they will take forever to wear through.

Cheers

Jim

Thanks Jim.

Yes, the previous owners had allowed the teeth to cut into the existing LV ones and the steel ones look chewed up too to some extent. I got Steve M's DVD early on so I didn't make the same mistakes as they did.

Looking forward to using them over the weekend.

Back