Bandsaw, Good Old manufacturers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
are the lower guides blocks, I can't quite see. If so, you can probably buy replacements called "cool blocks" which were an aftermarket upgrade. I think they were a ceramic of sorts. Alternatively if yours need replacing or tidying up, you can make them out of lignum vitae. a pen blank or a bowling ball is a good source of this, but you only need a couple of small offcuts.

for the upper guides, I would expect that they are a very common bearing size and will cost you between a few pence and a couple of quid depending on quality so if they dont spin perfectly they are a quick and cheap job to replace.

nice little saw, I am sure it will do you well.
Thank you for the advice. The lower guides look like blocks but I have not taken them apart yet. I will certainly look at cool blocks. I will post how I get on.

Rather like my bandsaw it's a relatively small machine. If in the future you need to buy blades then I strongly suggest you go for the thin gauge. My saw doesn't do well with 0,65mm gauge blades but the thinner Tuffsaws premium stops me from taking a mighty big lump hammer to it. They are just so much easier to get up to the tension that is required, may save a bit of bearing life too.

Rather like my bandsaw it's a relatively small machine. If in the future you need to buy blades then I strongly suggest you go for the thin gauge. My saw doesn't do well with 0,65mm gauge blades but the thinner Tuffsaws premium stops me from taking a mighty big lump hammer to it. They are just so much easier to get up to the tension that is required, may save a bit of bearing life too.
Thank you that is a good bit of advice. Getting the bandsaw working properly is on the back burner just now but getting blades is sorted is something I can get on with.

Back