Bandsaw for the beginner

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would echo the thoughts of some on here about buying second hand if you're a newbie.. like me.

I too am looking for a bandsaw.. with precious little knowledge aside from the research that I've done.

Last week I came across a 'nearly new' Metabo bandsaw on ebay. Listed at £200 and RRP £550 apparently in 'Perfect condition', and the seller was a couple of miles from me, so very convenient,

I'm not really familiar with the brand or model, so I Googled it, and a link brought me back to this site, but a different forum where a similar question on 'which bandsaw should I buy' was answered by the same seller saying 'dont buy the Metabo.. I've had mine for a year and the belt keeps slipping etc etc.. trying desperately to off-load it..."

Yes, I'm aware that not everything is necessarily as described on eBay - and you take your chance - but as a newbie I'd have zero idea what, when, how, why etc.

So - for me - the choice was made to go with a lower spec machine that comes with a warranty. Maybe in 5 years I'll have the need, knowledge and experience to delve into the used market, but for now it's going to be new.

And the purchase will be the Record Power BS250.. unless there are recommendations to the contrary ;-)

Last edited:
Back