Bandsaw dust extraction that actually works - 85% efficient!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s lived in at least 4 different fridges so far!
It's probably a sentient life form in its own right by now...

Could someone get that reporter lass to ask Maskery why he didn't rotate the topmost bit of pipe through 180 degrees and make a vertical slot in it, (so the blade teeth are actually inside the DX nozzle?

That was Olly P-J's idea (on my bandsaw, formerly his), and it worked stunningly well*. I think really forcing the airflow past the blade is the key to this, and having it inside the chute is a big help. See discussions passim - I even did a SketchUp screengrab at one point, although it was a few years ago.

So currently, IMHO, Maskery's is nearly brilliant, IMHO, (and I really envy the space under the table to put the all the pipe-istry gubbins, too). If he does tweak it, of course it will be heading to full Babycham-worthiness.

E.

I might actually do that, but I was trying to keep the angles to a minimum. I could make a longer nozzle, it's not all welded together, even though I did buy a can of solvent adhesive.
Actually I could try that. Swap the corners over. Hmm.

And now for the good news!!

but admits that he had to visit Toolstation for the purchase. He insists it was before lockdown, however, and he did wear a mask at the time.
1604749508673.png

Cheers
Martin

I'm sorry I ever mentioned Babycham now. ;)
I've learned some things today though, it seems Steve is anybody's for bottle of fizz and it's alleged that Pete is a trollop. :oops:

A blade guard under the table: am I missing something?
I'm an advocate of being able to see the entire blade above the table: guards frequently conceal the precise position of what you're trying to avoid.
J

Hi

I agree with John, there are many instances where guards do not really make the machine any safer they just lead you into a false sense of safety. The biggest input to making something safer is the user, you cannot engineer out human stupidity. Whats the bigger hazard, a lion in the middle of a field or a lion hidding in the bushes?

Back