Bandsaw comment

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
I have had the Axminster 450N bandsaw for nearly a year now and fitted a new Tuff Saw blade at the same time.

I noticed this week that I was getting slight drift off line when cutting boards for the last tissue box.
(boards were around 7 to 12mm thick)

Why has this happened?

(I have naturally corrected the problem, did a trial freehand cut to a drawn line, marked the table and used a dummy fence which is easily set to the angle of drift and now cutting straight again.)

bandsaw driftw.jpg

Attachments

• bandsaw driftw.jpg
    bandsaw driftw.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 60
devonwoody":3ldfedil said:
I noticed this week that I was getting slight drift off line when cutting boards for the last tissue box.

If you've recently fitted a new blade, it's probably because you didn't get the tracking perfect when you put the blade on.

If you haven't fitted a new blade since you got it a year ago, it's probably because the blade is getting blunt more on one side than the other (cut any curves?) and it's causing it to cut away the wood less on that side, so there's more space for the blade to move into on the opposite side, causing it to cut slightly sideways.

Back