Bandsaw Buddy

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe technology has reached a new point or a gadget appears that solves an issue in an old thread that could not be resolved at that point in time. Does not apply here though.

Lazarus
Align the fence to the mitre gauge slot.
Align the blade to the fence, using the tracking adjustment and a homemade bansaw buddy to get close.

Then you can make parrallel cuts using the fence and accurate angle cuts (including 90 degrees) using the mitre gauge.

I used one when setting up my new (1 year ago) band saw. I put it on a fully tensioned blade and squared the tables miter slot to the blade. Worked great. I may have been lucky but the fence did not need any adjustment and I get accurate resaws deepest to date around 200mm.

Being a newbie to woodwork and having just bought my first bandsaw and about to set it up thought this might be a useful accessory, but then realized surely I can just use my mini magnetic spirit level and achieve the same thing?

I was tempted by this, I was just going to chuck it in the basket when I come to ordering other bits. Im a newbie and rarely use my bandsaw, it needs a proper setup

You can make your own.
A mall high strength magnet, that does not touch the kerf of the blade, and a 150mm steel rule (one that springs back to flat if it is flexed).

Back