bandsaw blades

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+2 Tuffsaws

I don't recall the ins and outs but Dragon Saws was Ian's company. Business can be harsh. Whatever. It doesn't matter. What matters is the fact that Tuffsaws and Ian provide superb products and excellent support.

I've used NLS in the past, but thanks for the heads up for Tuffsaws - they look like a great and knowledgeable company with a very wide range of product.

Hasn't done for a long time now and I can't see that changing.

As I remember, he took that decision a while ago, while UK was still negotiating Brexit (I'm NOT getting into politics here!) and before a final decision on such things as VAT to be charged/not charged at all/charged at what rate, etc, etc, etc, became clear.

I don't believe that was an easy decision nor do I believe it has changed/is likely to change - BUT I haven't ordered anything from Tuffsaws for quite a while. Unlike some other non-UK resident members here I have no convenient intermediary for delivery via a UK address so I am not fully up to speed.

But I found Ian at Tuffsaws really helpful (phone and E-mail) in the past, so why not contact him direct to prevent incorrect info?

I'm in Greece and get my blades from TUFF SAW, sent via my dughter...

Likewise. Family sent a few across the Atlantic as part of a larger package. Will bring some back with me next time I'm in the UK to avoid the postage and taxes.

I'll use tuffsaws then. he seems to have an amazing international following( despite not shipping!) surely people in Europe make blooming bandsaw blades. I found the vari tooth a bit to fine and burny ( it was 6- 10 tpi) probably get 3 tpi m42 blades. the amusing thing is my neighbour cuts steel and they last ages. the m42 does last well though. carbon will still cut but they stop cutting straight after a few months.

We use Axminster Axcaliber at work, the bimetal are extremely good and last a long time but pricey, the GT line also very good.

Latest posts

Back