Bandsaw blades

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emstuv

Established Member
Reaction score
So I am waiting on delivery of a Laguna 1412 from my local supplier i Norway in early September.

The Laguna 1412 can take blades from 2914-2946 mm according to the manual.

I have read (here) that Tuffsaw is the place to go for blades, unfortunately due to Covid-19 (and then possibly Brexit) they cannot ship to Norway. The Axcaliber GT have also good reviews, however every single 115" blade is on backorder - uncertain when they will be back.

My "most" local supplier does not carry this length, and the Laguna supplier carries Starret blades I believe although the site does not specify. And they are 2x the price of Ax and Tuff incl. VAT.

Are there other quality suppliers of bandsaw blades, either in UK or EU that people recommend? The main use will be resawing/veneering with the odd curve. So I am looking for multiple blades.

Cheers.

Emstuv,
there must be other suppliers out there....price ....who knows......think u guys make good steel in Scandi or from Germany....Starret are good blades tho.....
What do the Swedes use....? they are always working wood...
Sorry, have no idea about Norway other mad expensive, fishing, Salmon farms, Hydro-electricity, Silver Jewelry....
or
Ask if the guy at Tuff SAW will print the label and then get YOUR courier to collect...DHL or others....I do it all the time...door to door.....
lived outside the UK for years....most places in the UK won't post outside the UK......the courier is your responsibilty.....
been getting my parcels at the rate of 2 per month doing just this....thinking, if u pay a little more say £2 the courier prints the label for you....
U need to know when he'll be there for collection and everyone's phone number.....
My wife make all my postal arrangement but one of the sites she uses is 'PARCELMONKEY.co.uk"there are others but she's not here right now....
If you want her other contact web sites please just ask.....Frank

I expect some kind person will offer to receive them in the UK and then post them on. I cant help because I'm not in the UK either.
But tuffsaws main attraction is you can talk to the man who actually makes the blades, and he can make them EXACTLY to your size and advise which blades for which job.

Cheers for the tips.

Had a chat with Axi (outstanding customer service!), the back order button is not working, but they informed me that if I send an email then they will place then on order for me. Roughly 1 week production.

Will still try and source locally.

I bought an Axcaliber blade from Axminster and couldn't use it. The blade was welded incorrectly and Axminster refunded the cost of the blade, but not the shipping. Finding sources for quality blades for mid-sized hobby bandsaws in Germany is a challenge. I found one shop that uses Starrett stock and makes blades to order, but the minimum purchase was 50 blades. I think he didn't want to deal with a private customer, so the quote was a "go away" offer. I narrowed my choices to TuffSaws and A.L.T. Saws and Spares Ltd.

I exchanged a few emails with Ian at TuffSaws, and he agreed to a one-time order for me with payment through PayPal, but I had to hurry since he was shutting down for a few weeks of vacation. Lee, at ALT, also agreed to ship to Germany, but payment had to be through bank transfer, which is a problem since my bank won't convert Euros to Pounds Sterling prior to transfer. This forces me to guess at the future exchange rate and bank conversion fees. With PayPal, I can select the currency for the transfer.

I placed an order for a dozen blades with Ian, and I had them six days later. I hope these will last me for a while, but I have to find a Plan B just in case I need more blades after Ian returns to work.

Back