bandsaw blades for record 350 103x3/4

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunggaur

Established Member
Reaction score
hi could some please point me in the right direction for the best price for a 103-1/2 by 3/4 blade form my record 350 band saw.

many thanks

jon

I have tried many makes and suppliers over the years but now return to Axminster tools. If the size you want is not available I believe they will still make one up to your requirements.

Colin

just out or curiosity which are better tuffsaw or record own saw blades. as i think i read somewhere that tuffsaw blades were better ???

jon

hunggaur":1dv3ierk said:
just out or curiosity which are better tuffsaw or record own saw blades. as i think i read somewhere that tuffsaw blades were better ???
jon

I've not used Record's blades but any bandsaw I have owned (4) has benefited greatly by fitting a TuffSaw blade in place of the original.

Tuff Saws blades are bang on ask Ian and he will point you in the right direction.

The differences I have found with 'off the shelf' blades and ones supplied by Ian.

Off the shelf are of a specification that are likely to meet the majority of purchasers needs and sourced from a manufacturer who has met some form of wholesale value/quotation selection process.

Those from Ian, if you care to ask for his guidance, are supplied based on his experience and interpretation of what your needs are, and in most instances more than one grade/specification will be offered with the relative merits explained.
If you have a particular problem I can vouch for the fact that he will go out of his way to find a fix to the point of delivering various sample materials and tooth forms to find a product that will give satisfactory performance and life.

I have this band saw and used blades from anywhere. I do a lot of deep re-sawing to maximum depth. What ever I can squeeze under the top guide. Some times I cannot get enough tension on the blade because the blade is slightly over size. This can occur because they try to match the teeth and gullet run. On 3 tpi the blade can end up about 1/4" oversize. this appears to be sufficient to affect the tension. The last blades came from Hamilton Beverstock, Cwmbran. I phone them with my complaint and they called to see me and the saw (Very nice people). They now make the blades for me and are slightly under size. Deep resawing of 10" Welsh Oak is now pretty good but slow. I have had some pretty rubbish blades with poor weldings and the "tounk tounk".

Back