Bandsaw blades buying advice please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mac1012

Established Member
Reaction score
hi i am in the process of re arranging my workshop (shed) and have just ordered a new stationary sander and various bits and pieces from axminster , i have their base model band saw and i want to order a new blade 1/4 inch to grt a tighter radius for my rocking horse rockers.

i have heard tuff saw blades mentioned on here before so my question is are they the ones to go for ? ive had axminster ones before which are ok just wondered if anyone got some advice before i order

thanks mark

I have followed the frequent advice on here and ordered a bunch of blades from Tuffsaws which arrived about half an hour ago. Cannot comment on the quality yet ( though the welds look excellent ) but the delivery time was very fast.

ok thanks i have just been looking at their web site i rang them because i wanted to make sure i get the right length !! i only cut 22mm soft wood so i was going to go for about 14 tpi so i can get a fairly decent finish but wanted to speak to them for some advice , i have left a answer phone message and awaiting their reply

The main thing you get from Ian at Tuff Saws is individual advise and attention to your needs.

Ian is always willing to go that extra mile to make sure he supplies blades that will give you best performance on your particular machine, so if you are in doubt tell him what your main workload is and ask him for advise, this is not restricted to wood saws either.
When having problems cutting particular metal stock (1000+ items) he went out of his way to send me not only the blades he thought best for the material I was cutting but a selection of others to trial for comparison.

yeah i have just beeo on phone to him , very helpfull , i have purchased a tuff saw supertuff carbon , i suggested 14 tpi for a trade off with cutting over finish as it only 22mm soft wood and he said that would work fine

going to be lke christmas in next day or so with other stuff i ordered from axminster just need to get in and get the shed soreted !!

Back