Bandsaw blades alternative to Tuffsaw(Marvelous blades)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have bought m42 wood blades from tuffsaws. Just emailed him with what I was after and he sent me the links to order from.
the carbide tipped blades Look interesting

Yeah me to Tom. Probably will continue to get the M42 blades from Tuffsaws. Only issue for me is that they don't deliver outside the UK anymore, so will need to either collect them when back in the UK or have family post them out here which adds quite a bit to the order. That's why I was enquring about good quality M42 blades (for wood) from a supplier in the EU.

The carbide blades from Bandsaegenprofis seem to be excellent value. Considerably cheaper than I've seen elsewhere. Looking forward to trying one out.

H

Hi Miles

Thanks for the info. Are there any issues with Stellite tips (compared to TCT)? I understand Stellite is a less brittle material but does it dull faster? The ResawKing blades are considered amongst the best resaw blades right? Particularly for smaller machines because of the thin gauge band (~0.6mm) they use, which is unusual for carbide/stellite tipped blades.

As far as I know, the only downside is that they won't last quite as long between sharpening. So, you have to bear that in mind when comparing the prices. I don't have any experience of using either yet.

Back