Bandsaw blades again

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
Screwfix latest mail order catalogue arrived this week and I note that
an order for 5 bandsaw blades 1/2" 4skip 88" costs £28.86 thats £5.73 each incl vat.

I recently purchased bandsaw blades from a well publised supplier on this forum at a much higher price which only survived approximately 30% usage compared to my previous screwfix supply.

Insufficient data to comment, DW. What were you cutting, how were you cutting, which bandsaw were you using them on (I lose track :lol: ) Too many variables. But if you're happy with the Screwfix ones, no worries.

Cheers, Alf

Alf

My solid and trusty Record bandsaw rsbs12 purchased from a forum member Waka. :) :)
Although I did have to replace the blade :) :) :)

I've just spent £46 for three blades from the favourite supplier. A little difference. I hope they perform.

Freetochat":258z361a said:
I've just spent £46 for three blades from the favourite supplier. A little difference. I hope they perform.

Hi F2C

If it's from the recommended supplier then I'm sure you won't be disappointed. It wasn't too long ago I put my first DE blade in having used the free ones that came with the saw.

Next day the remaining 4 unopened free ones were thrown out. :)

Jeff

The screwfix blades are quite good, just used one to cut 2mm wide veneer out of a 5" piece of spalted sycamore and then cut a load of 3" thick ash all without a problem.

Having said that Monday or Tuesday will see the postman deliver 5 blades from you know who, so will be interesting to see how they perform. I usually use the Starret bimetal blades but my local tool shop has stopped stocking them, thats why I'm trying out the others.

Jason

Back