Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Bandsaw blades again

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
Screwfix latest mail order catalogue arrived this week and I note that
an order for 5 bandsaw blades 1/2" 4skip 88" costs £28.86 thats £5.73 each incl vat.

I recently purchased bandsaw blades from a well publised supplier on this forum at a much higher price which only survived approximately 30% usage compared to my previous screwfix supply.

Alf

Established Member
Reaction score
Insufficient data to comment, DW. What were you cutting, how were you cutting, which bandsaw were you using them on (I lose track :lol: ) Too many variables. But if you're happy with the Screwfix ones, no worries.

Cheers, Alf

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
Alf

My solid and trusty Record bandsaw rsbs12 purchased from a forum member Waka. :) :)
Although I did have to replace the blade :) :) :)

Freetochat

Established Member
Reaction score
I've just spent £46 for three blades from the favourite supplier. A little difference. I hope they perform.

Mdotflorida

Established Member
Reaction score
Freetochat":258z361a said:
I've just spent £46 for three blades from the favourite supplier. A little difference. I hope they perform.
Hi F2C

If it's from the recommended supplier then I'm sure you won't be disappointed. It wasn't too long ago I put my first DE blade in having used the free ones that came with the saw.

Next day the remaining 4 unopened free ones were thrown out. :)

Jeff

jasonB

Established Member
Reaction score
The screwfix blades are quite good, just used one to cut 2mm wide veneer out of a 5" piece of spalted sycamore and then cut a load of 3" thick ash all without a problem.

Having said that Monday or Tuesday will see the postman deliver 5 blades from you know who, so will be interesting to see how they perform. I usually use the Starret bimetal blades but my local tool shop has stopped stocking them, thats why I'm trying out the others.

Jason