bandsaw blade

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
Going to cut some dovetails on my new jig for use with the bandsaw and all my b/s blades are 6 teeth to the inch.
Would I get a better finish sawing the hardwood getting something upto 14 teeth to the inch?

I used a 14 tooth blade but it clogged up in no time and burnt the wood instead of cutting it . Ring Dure Edge, I'm sure they will advise you

DW

phone up Dure Edge and they will advise. They really are good blokes :wink:

Don't have the phone number with me at present but it is on the forum somewhere

DW
Is this the same jig as in the Bandsaw Handbook by Mark Duginski? If so, you are in for a treat, it works really well. Just bear in mind that caption for Illustration 751 on page 289 is wrong. It says With and should read Without. The body text is correct.

I use a 1/8" 16 TPI blade and get great results. Mine is from Hamilton Edge, but I, too, am a fully paid-up member of the Dure-Edge Appreciation Society. Either will satisfy you.

In theory you need a rip blade for the sides and a fine crosscut for the bottoms. I just use the same blade for both. Of course, you have to take it steady.

Good luck with it.
Steve

Thanks all for info.

As soon as the local weather settles down I get started again.

Two days glorious gardening, helping the wife in the garden and now we're back to that cold, wet, foggy and windy stuff :twisted: unsuitable for working in a draughty workshop.

Beggar the gardening, spend some time insulating the shop. The garden will be there when you've done. If really pushed paint some flowers on it just to make it more pleasing from the outside.
hh

Back