Bandsaw blade query....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kalimna

Established Member
Reaction score
Deanston, a stones throw from the Distillery
Greetings,
Having recently purchased a new bandsaw (SIP 01444), so recently it's still mostly in its' cardboard box, I need to think about buying some decent blades.
The supplied blade (which I havent yet installed, obviously) is 1" wide, so however good it is, it wont be suitable for most tasks I think I will be using the machine for (primarily cutting bits for guitars and small furniture projects, with the occasional ripping of thick veneers and box-making wood).
So, my question is simply - what width(s) would you recommend as a starter? I know most folk here seem to go to either Tuffsaws or WH, so Im happy with either of those.
Many thanks,
Adam

From what you say I think you'll need two blades. Why not phone (or email) Ian at TuffSaws and explain what you want to do, what machine you have and ask for his recommendations. That's what I did initially and he was very helpful and I'm very happy with what he supplied.

That's great Adam, it would be nice to know how you get on when you're all up and running.

Back