bandsaw blade length

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Can anyone advise me please, on the length of blade the startrite 401e bandsaw takes. As i have had three different answers. Dure edge, said 152mm. Startrite customer service say 145mm, and the manuel says 150mm. The blade that came with the machine is 25mm wide, approx 4 skip and of reasonable quality, but with ally pally coming up iwould like to get some spares, thank you

I'll have a look when I get home - it's the same as the 401S apart from the guides isn't it?

Is yours pre or post the change in height under guides to 16"? (I don't know if that was a change in the frame or just a change in the guide post design, mine's pre.)

Mine is 3730mm, so it says on the serial number plate on the back of the machine, which is 146.8 inches. My manual says 145" to 146". I have a Dureedge invoice from the previous owner which says 145".

Startrite are possibly quoting for a pre-16" version?

Maybe check the serial plate and convert to inches to see who is nearest? Another 2" is quite a lot.

I would suggest you take the blade off your machine and make a mark on the inside of the blade. Lay the blade edge down on a board and make a corresponding mark on the board. Then 'roll' the blade along the board one full revolution until the mark comes round again and make another corresponding mark on the board.

Measure between the two marks on the board, and this is the length of your blade.

I had to do this with my new Sicar bandsaw as no-one could tell me the size blade that it took!

Cheers
Brad

Back