Bandsaw advice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy

Established Member
Reaction score
The axminster has a much better fence. Dont know if thats worth 400 quid to you or not.
Both makes have devoted followers, but if you do need service, axminster has a better reputation than record. Apart from that, you pays yer money and you takes yer pick. :cool:

I don't think that the RP one has ball-race bearings in the blade guides (it has those little discs instead). Not a huge difference, but I prefer proper ball-race ones.

I think either would be a good general purpose machine and they'd hold their value. The Axi one is clearly designed to meet the stricter HSE rules for commercial use (blade braking, emergency stop, blade guarding type stuff) which will add a little to the cost and the re-sale value perhaps - you may feel a teensy-weensy bit safer using it than the other one!

PS I have the Axi's bigger brother - which I got at the same price they're now asking for this one - and I'm very pleased with it. I was looking at the RP Sabre models as direct competition for mine (they look very like the Rikon US brand) - I didn't like the tool-less blade guide adjustment feature, but as Bob says, yer-pays-yer-money....

Back