Bandsaw advice please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveallen

Reaction score
I'm looking to upgrade my Bandsaw, I'm quite keen on the Makita LB1200F at £530 Also the Scheppach Basa at £440 gets good reviews

I'm willing to spend £550, Advice sought

Steve

I got the Axminster 2606B last year, it has increased in price and is just above your range, but I've been really impressed with it (I upgraded blade), It does everything I believe I'll ever need so hoping I won't need to replace as I went by my mantra of the best possible I could afford.
I made this choice because I can look after new (and there will be warranty) but I'm less skilled to renovate second hand as many of the other folks here may advise. Axminster is also relatively local so I could go and talk to someone, and the local guys are pretty knowledgable and I could see and touch - something I like to be able to do.

Not sure if this helps but just my experience.

Padster

I have the Basa3 - it does everything I want/need it to. My only minor gripe is the anti-lock switch on the door. You need to turn the handle far too many turns before the thread engages with the switch - just to reiterate, it's a very minor issue.

Latest posts

Back