Bandsaw advice - 2 wheel v's 3 wheel

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Andy,

Thanks for your input. Ian was aware of the bandsaw type because he had helped Hudson Carpentry on here with one a while ago. It's a similar bandsaw, but this one has the motor in the base and the 10 speed gearbox.

The problem was, was that there was no information on it at all. Google the bandsaw and the only thing coming up is the posts on here and an advert (see above)!

Once Dad had measured the wheels and I'd spoken to Bob (9fingers) it became clear that it was a much bigger bandsaw than Ian thought and as such you are right, Ian says there is a much bigger range of blades available and I should be able to get away with a 1/2" like I have now.

Ian's concern was that he didn't know the bandsaw and the catalogues he was looking in were saying it could only use a 0.020 blade thickness, but once I said it was 10" wheels he didn't think a thicker blade would be a problem.

There's just so little info out there on this particular Startrite.

I was turning it down 2 days ago based on lack of blade choice but if I can get the blades then I think I might go for it, providing it checks out ok in terms of nothing major missing (given it has a fence it seems ok)...

Back