Bandsaw adjustment problem

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul McCuish

Reaction score
The blade on my Wadkin BZB20 band saw runs with no for and aft movement, and stays in one place on both wheels. However, it is closer to the back of the top wheel and closer to the front of the bottom wheel. The bottom wheel is fixed to the motor shaft (no belts). I’m wondering if I should move the motor/bottom wheel assembly to correct this, or if I should be happy that there is no for and aft movement and just leave well enough alone. Your advice is welcome.

I suppose the test is can you do moderate resawing with a 3/4" blade, you probably won't be able to tension a 1" blade to 2500 psi so the 3/4" might be a better test.
So can you do much resawing without the blade backing into the thrust guide much.
If so then leave well alone.
If not then try another 3/4" blade.

Tom

If the blade is running true 90 deg. to the table east-west/ north-south and aligned with any mitre gauge slots then I'd suggest you leave well alone.

The only checks I have ever done on a bandsaw drive wheel is to check that the blade is running sensibly supported, its actual position is immaterial relevant to the top wheel.

Latest posts

Back