Band saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomthumbtom8

Established Member
Reaction score
I no this is the wrong place But I like to think I trust my fellow wood turners

I'm after a band saw with at least a 6" (150mm) cut

what I'm going to use it for is mainly cutting laminate and tenons so it has to be quite good and robust with a cast table
I would really like bearings under the table and also above.

I am looking at a Kitty band saw model 10 613 but this only has bearing on the top

The band saw I'm looking at is second hand on advertised hear on the wanted/for sale for £250.00

Advice required please

Tom

I have that model, and live pretty much next door to the one for sale here.....(have even been in contact re the extention table alone!)

I'm not sure I understand your question though?

Do you want to try and explain your concern, or question, more specifically - either as post or pm?

I would add that I don't have the more modern bearings at all, but use LV quite happily.

That model can tension serious blades, and Tuffsaws can provide the blades :), and I have not had any issues with the aluminium table top or the relatively lightweight fence (looks cheap, lightweight and to be replaced - but works!)

Jumps
You have answered my questions quite well
my main concern was the lack of bearings under the table and cutting true

So I'm going for it

what is the cut depth on this machine ??

Tom

The depth of cut is up to 192mm and the throat is 300mm.

I recently sold my 613 because I wanted something which would cut thicker pieces of wood. I never had any problems cutting tenons etc. so I think you will find one of these saws is more than up to the job. Just make sure you get good quality blades.

Latest posts

Back