Band saw - won't power on at all... things to check?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lons":1o5hf0pl said:
Great result =D> Can I suggest the next thing you do is order a blade from Tuffsaws, it will transform the saw!

Awesome thanks, yeah I will tinker around with it and clean it up a bit before using it properly anyway, so a new blade is a good idea. Thanks for the suggestion, I wouldn’t have known where to start

Hi all,
I have been given a DW738 as a non runner. It has similar issues.
After cleaning out the clogged dust inside, the motor "hummed" but did not turn the pulley or flywheel.
I removed the motor and once disconnected it ran freely with no noise.
When reinstalled the motor would not turn the flywheel on its own and the motor "hummed". With the power on I helped the flywheel to turn and the motor kicked into motion and spun the flywheel with no blade fitted.
The only way I can get it to work is to help the motor by getting the flywheel to rotate manually.
Can anyone throw light onto why the motor wont turn the pulley and flywheel without manually being assisted.
I obviously don't want to have to open the cabinet and help the motor turn each time I want to use it, especially with the blade refitted.
Any suggestions ? In this case because it wont turn the motor with any load -- unless helped manually --- could it be the capacitor ?

Back