Band saw Table Adjustment

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Brough

Reaction score
I have an Inca 340 bandsaw. I seem unable to adjust the vertical alignment of blade to table to 90 degrees - Not the table tilt. So in other words if I am cutting a tenon the bottom cut will go further in than the top cut - I'm trying very hard to clarify which of the two dimensions is the problem!

I can adjust it by fitting washers under the table but that feels pretty ugly. Please can anyone advise me what to be done. Thank you.

Does the Inca have flat tires?
What sort of blade do you have, as in are you cutting tenons with a very narrow blade.
It could possibly be set up that way to work for a wider blade.

I don't have first hand experience with the Inca, but on my large machine which has flat tires, I set it to 90 with good tension on a suitable blade for my machine and track the blade so the teeth overhang the edge of the tire,
and align perfectly then.
As in, it will arrive at 90 degrees once the blade is tensioned for cutting tenons.

If your using a narrow blade then you will track on a different area on the wheels, and may have to keep an eye on things (long term)
presumably more so the wider the set is, on your blades.

I would be unsure of what the max blade width on that machine, as many brands have rather optimistic opinions on what that is, so I'm not telling you to put a honking big blade on the machine.

Sorry if im preaching to the crowd, but worth mentioning.
It could be the case that a previous owner wanted more capacity on the saw
and removed some shims or nuts for adjustment, if they did that I don't know.
Could be someone lost/misplaced them during transportation or renovation either.

Nothings ugly bout few shims.
It's when you do something irreversible is when that happens.

All the best
Tom

Last edited:
Yes, the Inca has flat tyres.
If the blade is not too big and the tracking is ok, check that the bottom wheel hasn't moved/slipped forward away from the motor. I believe this has happened to a few folk.

My Startrite 352 has paper shims in the quadrant to level the table, do call your washers shims and sleep soundly.

Pete

Adjust the bolts that hold the table down. Not sure about this machine, but many others do allow a small amount of adjustment. A fiddly job but worth dong and checking from time to time to get a perfect 90 degrees front to back and side to side.

Back