Band Saw Problems

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many thanks to everyone who has taken the time to reply to my bandsaw problem.

I decided to take time out and left the machine for a day. I went back last night and went through all the adjustments again and tightened the blade tension further. The results are a lot better, however, they are still not perfect and I am going to order a new blade. I'm pretty sure the tension I'm using is a little more than recommended and so I'll wait and see what difference a new blade makes.

Thanks once again

Regards

Jon

Frank,

Well when I say build what I actually mean is

Dig hole in ground
pour concrete slab
order building on internet
wait for delivery and subsequent "errection" oh err matron :)

Once thats over my office will technically be built so Im hoping the tool ban will be lifted.

After all, ill then need to insulate it, panel the walls, run about 60 mains sockets and all the data cabling and I have definately go to get tools for that :)

Signal

Yes, I saw the link (cheers), but the problems remain. I not convinced a new blade will solve the problems as the present blade is very sharp, but its my only option at the moment. I'll try a new blade in the next week or two. To be honest I don't know anyone with a machine similar to mine that has managed a single straight cut. I saw my father in law this weekend and he wasn't surprised I had difficulties and confessed he had never had any success with it either.

Jon Cooke":2wlbo45j said:
Yes, I saw the link (cheers), but the problems remain. I not convinced a new blade will solve the problems as the present blade is very sharp, but its my only option at the moment. I'll try a new blade in the next week or two. To be honest I don't know anyone with a machine similar to mine that has managed a single straight cut. I saw my father in law this weekend and he wasn't surprised I had difficulties and confessed he had never had any success with it either.

Could it be you've worn the set off one side of it? I.e. cutting turning blanks by cutting endless curves takes the teeth off on one side. It "appears" sharp - but due to the imbalance - always cuts wonky. For the sake of a fiver for a new blade - you'll know one way or the other.

Adam

Back