Band saw or table saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

TRITON

Established Member
Reaction score
Ahh yes, VAT.
You can buy a sawbench for that :LOL:

But say you got one of them 5m lengths. Wherever would you store it ?. My workshop isnt even 5m long

JobandKnock

Amateur curmudgeon
Reaction score
" and I've yet to see anyone end trimming a 5 metre length of skirting on one if them, either! :oops: "
You're confused. THATS what we initially made the lengths of skirting board on. and besides, who deals in 5m lengths with a tracksaw. I means how many sections of track is that :unsure:
Errrr. Trimming means TRIMMING TO LENGTH, aka making a CROSS CUT. Cross cutting long lengths with a mitre saw is easy, hell you can even do it reasonably accurately with a cordless portable rip saws and a Speed Square, but trimming the ends of 5 metre long lengths of anything on a table saw? You'd need an Altendorf. That wouldn't fit in your shed, would it?

As to dealing with 5 metre lengths with a track saw, yes, done that and more when it was necessary to remove a section of plywood flooring so that the sparkies could install a tray and wiring that they had forgotten (about 8 metres in length, marked out with a chalk line and then cut in two parts using my 3 metre Festool rail connected to a 1.4 metre length). I could have just about done it in one at the time by using the 3m, plus my three 1.4m rails (giving 7.2 metres), but I just don't have enough rail joiners... Nor willI ever have enough, I suspect (actually, not true but that's a different story)

Last edited:

TRITON

Established Member
Reaction score
Errrr. Trimming means TRIMMING TO LENGTH, aka making a CROSS CUT
Ahh yes, sorry, missed that point. I thought you meant making them.

Maybe because you didnt say 'square to length " ;)

Stevebod

Established Member
Reaction score

Useful link if you decide to go for the bandsaw and a plunge saw option..?

novocaine

Established Member
Reaction score
A tablesaw is a great tool in any workshop. If i didn't have one id have to make a table to stand the mitre and bandsaw on. 😁 there are always jobs that just cant be done without the right tool. They are often few and far between though.

Latest posts