Band saw cutting issues

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had the exact same issue, I followed all the advice on here, bought a new blade suitable for me with more teeth.
Change everything, cuts like a dream.

Somewhere, possibly you tube, I saw a decent explanation about sawdust clogging the blade and why you need as few teeth in the kerf as possible.
The bloke had a huge wooden saw section to demonstrate this.
Does this ring any bells?
No but Axminster recently did a video about cutting curves on a bandsaw and explained this using a real blade and lump of wood.
See about 4mins into this YouTube video:

Also, I set my bandsaw up following Mike Duginske’s Bandsaw Handbook and it cuts straight although I gather that’s not usual for a Euro260.
BAND SAW HANDBOOK By Mark Duginske | Used | 9780806963983 | World of Books

Can't add to the advice except for another thumbs up for Tufsaws, I've just ordered another couple of 3/4" blades on Saturday, they haven't let me down yet.

A bandsaw wondering off to one side can indicate that the bearing guides have been 'pushing' the teeth?
If they are not behind the teeth, the cut wonders? See the Record video?

Hi All,
Purchased a new record sabre band saw recently. Having trouble with it, when you are ripping the timber wants to drift away from the fence?when you try holding timber tight to fence the blade starts rubbing against the guide wheels.
The fence is parallel to the blade, it seems set up ok.
Any suggestions??

I'm late to this thread, but there are lots of great recommendations here. I bought a Record Power BS350S and was disappointed in its performance. After spending a lot of time and money trying to make it usable, and save it from a trip to the river, I bought M42 blades from Ian at Tuff Saws and Steve Maskery's Workshop Essentials The Complete Bandsaw DVD pack.

There's no substitute for good blades, and the blade that shipped with the saw was good for torturing wood and wasting my time. YouTube is loaded with videos on how to tune a bandsaw, and I think I've watched all of them. However, nothing seemed to work for me until I watched Steve's DVD. If you don't want to buy the The Complete Bandsaw set, then I highly recommend DVD 4, Bandsaw Essentials. There are tips and techniques in this video that I didn't see in the YouTube videos, and I can now use my bandsaw without any problems.

http://www.workshopessentials.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=53

Hi All,
Purchased a new record sabre band saw recently. Having trouble with it, when you are ripping the timber wants to drift away from the fence?when you try holding timber tight to fence the blade starts rubbing against the guide wheels.
The fence is parallel to the blade, it seems set up ok.
Any suggestions??
Hi, has your band saw got roller guides and also are you using a ripping blade. I find when ripping using a band saw I never use a long fence but a rod so you cut in the direction the blade wants to go. Not sure what it's called!

Having a very sharp blade with good set is most important. The roller guides need to be aligned just back from the teeth also the thrust bearing should not touch unless you're pushing too hard.

Hi

More importantly are you using the Record blades that were supplied with the machine, if so take it off and along with all the others put them into the metal recycling bin and purchase some decent blades, it will amaze you at the difference it will make. One supplier is Tuff blades and there are others, search these forums and you will find all you want to know.

Latest posts

Back