Band saw boxes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There appears to be a word missing. Most suitable bandsaw? Most suitable blade? Most suitable bow tie?

Narrow blade with fewer teeth (3 per inch?), the biggest saw you can afford, and and a sparkly red one that spins, would be my answers. Someone who knows will hopefully come along and give you a better answer.

Bandsaw boxes can be made with any blade (as long as its sharp). Dead straight sided boxes dont need fancy blades. Its possible to make a decent box with a 1" blade, as long as your machine can cope with that size. 🙄

Its when you start on curves that things get tricky. The tighter the curve (some can even be described as corners) the narrower the blade you need and the less teeth per inch you want to clear the waste quickly.

I've made a lot of boxes (you can see them in my sig link if you want). 1/4" blade would be the widest if you only want to make boxes with gentle curves. I love 3/16th blades, I just cant get on with 1/8", so its up to you to try out different widths and blade teeth combos.

Email Ian at TUFFSAWS as he has the knowledge to advise you on the best blade for your machine, and also makes them up to your specs.
If there are any specific questions, always happy to reply.

Latest posts

Back