Band saw blades

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duiker

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi People,

I need your help with a bandsaw question even if I'm going to make myself look stoooooopid!!

I tried fitting a new blade to my saw recently only to realise that the teeth "face up" and so dont cut. The direction of the motor means they would just meet the wood on the trail edge of the teeth.
The blades are 73" and from Screwfix. There are only four blades available from their site and all of them state they are compatible with my machine (Inca Euro 260).

Did I miss something when I ordered these blades (stated as being for my model) or am I being thick? I guess I'll need to return them so can anyone suggest an alternative supplier (especially in Holland Houtslager).

Cheers,

Mick

hahahahahahahahaha :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

What a dick I feel!!

Thanks bloke, I knew there had to be a sensible answer and just couldnt get it at all. To think all those years, my engineering degree and years in the mob and it doesnt help one bit some days.

Thanks again, I'm off to fit the new blades. When I get back I'll delete the post to hide my embarrassment!!! :oops:

Isn't the Inca "back to front"? You feed the stock from right to left instead of left to right like the majority of bandsaws IIRC. In which case, not so stupid. The blade will have been supplied the right way out for the majority of saw makes.

That does work, doesn't it? Or am I now the one being stupid... :oops:

Cheers, Alf

Getting in mental knots trying to visualise it all.

Alf,

Maybe its 360 degrees to Xmas but he is standing in front of it, so I guess he knows which way the teeth need to face?

However, As Adam says, blades can become turned inside out. Although I cannot recall this ever happening to me when I unfolded a blade - unless I did it deliberately as I di when I first got my bandsaw.

waterhead37":2eqj7xkg said:
Alf,

Maybe its 360 degrees to Xmas but he is standing in front of it, so I guess he knows which way the teeth need to face?
Well obviously he does, but if the blade's sent to face the other way then it'll unfold "inside out". Okay, so it's just a matter of putting the blade the other way round to fix it, but I just thought I'd point out the mitigating circumstance so Mick wouldn't feel so bad. Blow my Good Samaritan stuff all to hell, why don't you? :roll: :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Hi Guys,

I've spent the day in the shed (had a day off after working the weekend) and after reading Alf's post went back and looked at all ten of the blades.
It doesnt seem to matter how you open them, they all seem to fall "the wrong way out" for me.
The throat of this saw sits on the right of the cut so you would feed the piece from right to left. Perhaps this is the other way round to most but I wouldnt know. I'm just happy, if not a bit bashful, to have the thing working again!!!
Thanks for the help though. It just goes to prove what I thought, when I found this site, that this really is a place to find useful info!

Mick

I always hold the blade for it to be correct in the throat and then 'play' with it to get it positioned right for putting in. Can never remember, otherwise :lol:

Back