Balls

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Individually and uniquely crafted by artisans

Last edited:
1638634099394.png

Here's one I made earlier! I do like Yew but what do I do with it now?

I set me a bit of a task with me balls some years back when I decided to make a lazy Susan entirely out of wood! Well not quite but the glue is wood glue ;)

18" diameter and 36 x ⅝" ball race! Done in ash. All done free hand, well. I like a challenge :rolleyes:

IMG_4783.JPG
IMG_4787.JPG
IMG_4946.JPG
IMG_4954.JPG

IMG_4953.JPG
IMG_4969.JPG

And all done on my Record CL1 using the outboard bowl fitments.

IMG_4973.JPG

If anyone were to ask me to make one for them I would tell them that 'off' was the second word and they could use their own word for the first :eek:

But I have to admit that the balls were not a difficult as I thought they would be.

Turning balls freehand isn't as difficult as it sounds. well, I don't think so :rolleyes:

A couple of years back i saw a vid whhere they did balls, lots and lots of balls. All perfect..... basically a drill and holesaw set at 90 to the piece being turned and slowly advance the spinning holesaw into the workpiece. It was set up in a sturdy jig..... of course thats defeating the skill aspect of what you are doing......

Latest posts

Back