Baffled ( web addresses not working )

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davon

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi ,

For the last couple of days I have been trying to access the Axminster, Rutlands and several other websites on my desktop pc and two different laptops in the house.

I keep getting timed out, however, I can access any other sites with no problem ( such as Fine woodworking ). I have run system restore, updates, Malware bytes, scanned for viruses, and a host of other things I can't remember.

I am running Firefox on the desktop with win 7, on one laptop F/F and win xp the other laptop is F/F with Vista. This problem has only just started as I am on my computer most nights.

Has anyone got any ideas ??

Thanks

Davon

Are you on Virgin? We're having problems accessing some sites too due to issues with Virgin. Started yesterday and current schedule suggests it'll be fixed by tomorrow 11pm.

I am :) :)

That must be it then, many thanks Jen I've just been going down the route of installing ie9 before uninstalling and then re-installing F/F

You saved me some aggro there, thanks again.

Dennis

Yep and it's casing difficulties on the Forum for me too. Some pages and topics are taking minutes to connect, and I have to go for 'reload'.

I was told that, as soon as I ditched AOL, all my troubles would be over. Well I did, and... Hmmm! Never had these problems with AOL! :D

Ha!!

When I was with AOL I couldn't even stay connected....it used to connect and drop off within 2 minutes, I have never had problems with VM before so lets hope it's a one off.

Dennis

In 12+ years (through United Artists - Blueyonder - Virgin) I've had minimal problems. Even when vandals completely wrecked a distribution/sub station Virgin got it back together very quickly. Today my own wireless router packed up but before buying a new one I rang Virgin to see if I could get one of their latest combined modem/wireless routers. There's one on the way - free :) Far as I'm concerned their service is excellent.

Latest posts

Back