Badgers Welcome

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHJ

Established Member
Reaction score
Two of this years youngsters out of a group of nine that were awaiting our homecomming tonight, along with three foxes that would not stay around long enough with me in the yard to snap them. (They lucked out on treats last night, we were out)
sDSC00571.JPG

Bigger Pic.

sDSC00572.JPG

Bigger Pic.

sDSC00573.JPG

Bigger Pic.

sDSC00574.JPG

Bigger Pic.

sDSC00575.JPG

Bigger Pic.

chiba":3ai9pmyt said:
Chas - fantastic! You're very lucky. :D

I suppose we are, just have to ignore what they are doing to the flower borders and the lawns.

Some pics from last year.
DSC00042.JPG

DSC00107.JPG

DSC00112.JPG

Hi Chas

I was once told that badgers are Britain's largest indigenous mammal. I suppose that means deer must have been introduced by foreigners at some point - not that I'm complaining :) .

Badgers are beautiful - we sometimes see them when we walk our dogs, but we only get the briefest of glimpses. You're very fortunate to have such friendly creatures in your neighbourhood. Thanks for sharing the photos with us.

Gill

Gill":2aweu7lh said:
...snip.. You're very fortunate to have such friendly creatures in your neighbourhood. Thanks for sharing the photos with us.

Gill
Just have to remember to shut the conservatory doors in the evening this time of year else the young ones who have not developed a fear of humans come straight in the house. They also like the foxes have a habit of running off with any tools etc. left out in the garden. When I was building the conservatory a fox took the contents of my toolbox including 3ft level, hacksaw, screwdrivers etc. out of the conservatory through an unfinished cat flap opening. We found a trail of them over 200yards long next morning leading to the den.
The next night we watched as she tried to get a 5ft long X 9in. wide piece of 2" thick polystyrene insulation through the same hole. Guess she had pretentions on moving up-market in des-res.
If I can dig them up I have pictures somewhere of the foxes, including one that used to come into the conservatory and kitchen to collect food from our hands. We often arrived home in the late afternoon or evening to find her sat on the doorstep.

CHJ":5chgmura said:
If I can dig them up I have pictures somewhere of the foxes, including one that used to come into the conservatory and kitchen to collect food from our hands.

Reminds me of my last golf day when in the morning I was so bad I got about 2 shots on target (which ain't good when in a team game!) and resolved that the afternoon would be a success if I managed to again see the fox that I seen in the morning.

A couple of pints at lunch time relaxed me a bit - not only did the fox eat a kit-kat out of my hand, but I played my best ever round of golf and won the afternoon match!! :eek:ccasion5: \:D/

Not very good quality I'm afraid, a quick scan of some prints. Negs are in the archive and take longer to scan in.

app0001.JPG

Trying to keep fingers intact and juggle with film camera at same time.
app0002.JPG

app0003.JPG

app0004.JPG

Most of the tracks are from Badgers who had been earlier.
app0005.JPG

app0006.JPG

Chas,

Good pictures. Where I used to live we had holes in the fence for badgers to go though, but we only saw then a few times in all the years we lived there.
The foxes were using our next door neighbours garden as a play ground as it had a flood light on a sensor. They used to bring dog toys and bones to the garden from all the near by gardens.

I would often get home to find a fox sitting on the drive and he only moved as I backed over the pavement. 8)

This evenings visitors.
Two families of Badgers with nine cubs in total. & three foxes all in garden at same time, unfortunately they would not stand in line for a group photo.
DSC00589.JPG

DSC00591.JPG

DSC00594.JPG

DSC00595.JPG

DSC00597.JPG

DSC00598.JPG

Back