Bad week too!!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spinks

Established Member
Reaction score
Not wishing to hijack Owens thread I thought I would start my own!!

For those who know me I had my 5 year all clear cancer check up back in august....happy days lets get on with life says I!! Yesterday my wife took a call from my oncologist saying they have just reviewed the ct scan I had in august and a lump has shown up on my lung (natural progression of testicular cancer)....gotta go back for another scan in 8 weeks...then wait 3 weeks for the results...that should just about make christmas even more stressy!!!! Oh well....they said not to worry about it and it will be treatable ...but shoot...11 weeks with the unknown hanging over me isn'y easy not to worry about!!

Just read both of these threads and I must say bad luck to you too, hope it all works out ok and it's just a nerve racking wait

Hi there Spinks.. from one cancer patient (hopefully a recovering one as well ) to another , wishing you all the best amigo. What I would like to add is that keeping a solid good attitude is one of the more important things you can do for yourself . Worry and it's cousin depression accomplish diddly and can have negative affects such as loss of sleep and of appetite. Some of the things that help me a lot are good food, good company and a sound nights rest. All would be much hampered were I to be a miserable, depressing and all round hard to tolerate barsteward. I'm also too lazy to commit to being angry and depressed as they seem to take a lot of energy to keep up. Happy is just easier for me to keep up .

Mike, sound advice to anyone suffering from poor health....positive mental attitude is the best prescription my doctor gave me, hopefully, with your mental attitude you too will soon be on the "I kicked cancers ass" register!!!!! Hopefully it will be just a anomoly and not cancerous or growing. And Rod...the reason for the wait is so that if it is growing the difference in size will show up on the scan readily....bit of a blow but I have beaten it once....I WILL beat it again (hopefully without the chemo or surgical intervention this time lol)

cheers all

Hope everything works out for you. It's the not knowing that's the worst bit!

Glass half full Owen, always glass half full. When I first found out about the prostate rebellion they inserted a plastic pipe up me to help me pee . I carried a plastic party balloon full of whiz for 6 months. They took me in for an operation that was performed through the rear and I had complications while in hospital and I ate what they called "food" for a lengthy stay. Lost something near 100 lbs. during this time (the full 6 months , can't blame hospital food for everything). All through this period my best defensive weapon was confusing the hell out of nurses everywhere with deadpan humour or interesting facts about things I found funny (did you know that Kaopectate is made by Upjohn surprisingly, funny to nurses). Upshot is I'm back home for 2 years with my original 250 lbs restored by my wife (proffesional chef , I'm spoiled rotten) some strength and mobility to go along with a pulse and still justly hopeful for further improvement. Not bad for a guy the doctors had trouble looking in the eye at the beggining. Good cheer costs you nothing and helps you to cope while easing strain on those who care the most for you , win win win.

Back