Bad orrrrr...??

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Midnight

Established Member
Reaction score
This afternoon, home early from work so I took to thinking "quiet afternoon in the workshop.... civilised...!!!" That is... until the neighbours from hell cranked their stereo... you can imagine the din.. yon mindless thump....thump....thump racket that's so popular with the boy racers...c/w the sickening rattle that only well and truly blown speakers can create... not that the state of the speakers impaired their desire to crank this noise to the max.. So I'm sat having a cuppa... watchin the dust collectors slowly vibrate over the shelves in time to the din.. temper gradually building to a gentle simmer....

Then something inside me snaps... fired up the DVD... loaded AC/DC live in Madrid... REALLY cranked the woofer... and retired to the shop...

SWMBO saw the look on my face. never said a word as she scurried to her room clutchin the phone...

There's something about AC/DC... makes me feel like I'm 16 all over again... foot tappin in time... head bangin.... hair flying... raw unadulterated self indulgence... LOVED it..

2 hours of 16 year old energy flowin thru these auld hands.. planes swishin.. shavings coursing effortlessly into the air... mannnnnnnn.... I gotta do this more often...

DVD finishes... stock's planed to thickness.... crosscut to length.... ripped to width and edges jointed.... ALL handraulic... and the neighbours from hell..???.... silent... absolutely silent..... I REALLY gotta do this more often... I jus wish I'd Angus's energy...!!!!!!

Nice One, I wonder if it may encourage my neighbour to move his scrap cars filled with other rubbish off the front, so i do not have to see them every time I go in or out of the door :x

Bean

Mike

I know just how you feel

we put up with the petshop boys every weekend from about 2am to 4am for 11 years,

Called the police, the council, international rescue and no one would do a thing

Gave up in the end a moved

Signal

Mike,

Done same thing with Jethro Tull and Led Zeppelin in the past, not had to do it here yet, but new neighbours last summer got very close to a live Pink Floyd set.

Mixing for an electric Ceilidh Band I can get quite loud if required. :D

Mike
Sorry to hear about the git neighbors-they can really make life miserable :evil:
Can't beat a bit of AC/DC-just watch they don't start you off on the highway to hell, thats all! :roll:
best regards
Philly :D

Nice choice of music Mike. I still prefer Bon Scott though and so it's 'If you want blood' for me :wink:

I could probably get hold of some of the old Psyops stuff for you if you really wanna scare them - you know, 2 hours of absolutely terrified screaming babies, with a deep masculine voice overlaid, saying things like "THIS WILL HAPPEN TO YOU IF YOU DON'T DO AS I SAY, INFERIOR BEING!!!!", or assorted 'friendly neighbourhood abbatoir noises' at high volume. :twisted: :twisted:

Failing that - the ride of the valkyries at full volume will spoil anyone's peace and quiet...

I gotta admit.....I did think of psyops... but figures it was a bit.......tame...

that coupled to the fact that I wanted to stay in the shop at the same time.... aided by REALLY LIKING AC/DC..

the peace lasted 30 hours.... could hear a pin drop...

crude... but effective...

:twisted: :twisted:

Crikey - all the classics are coming out here! This is in danger of turning into a 'loudest albums in your collection' poll.

Hmm.... :D

Come to think of it, I've got some 'Killing Joke' somewhere... :twisted:

Vormulac":3l82r7ut said:
This is in danger of turning into a 'loudest albums in your collection' poll.

Hmm, I've never heard of all these bands. You lot must be old :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Bring on a bit of drum'n'bass :p

Adam

Ok folks, you can stop looking, we appear to have found the Jungle Masseeeve and their posse, sorry, Posse - all hiding at Adam's place waiting for the return of Acid House.

Anyone got any Veras?

DaveL":1cu9rk86 said:

Actually that sounds more to my liking! Anyone for strip the willow? (well, seems appropriate for a WW forum!).

Adam*

*Whose dad played fiddle for various sword dancers in the north east, and has fond memories of concerts in Alnwick Castle (of Harry Potter fame) listening to lots of nutters playing the Northumbrian pipes! :oops:

SWMBO absolutely loves Eddy Prydz' 'Call On Me' and blasts that in retaliation. Works every time. Somehow Baba O'Riley isn't the same...

Mike - wanna borrow my collection of Motorhead albums in case a further dose becomes necessary?

<chucklin....

I remember playing Bomber.......Live when the parents visitd once..... they cought the part where the Lancs fl overhead..... the old man looked a bit foolish sprawled over the floor.....

Adam":7c6z17wf said:
DaveL":7c6z17wf said:

Actually that sounds more to my liking! Anyone for strip the willow? (well, seems appropriate for a WW forum!).

Adam*

*Whose dad played fiddle for various sword dancers in the north east, and has fond memories of concerts in Alnwick Castle (of Harry Potter fame) listening to lots of nutters playing the Northumbrian pipes! :oops:

Come on now I love pipes of all sorts, Victor in our band plays tin whistle and flute of the conventional kind and then jumps in with a synth, he has an instrument that looks like a clarinet oboe cross. He is slowly building collection of different sounds for it, bring on the crumb horn. :D

And as I have said before I can strip the willow. You can spot the digital watch users on the dance floor. :shock:

But getting back almost on topic, I hate people who book us and then complain we are too loud during the sound check. :x I can always go louder and the dancers once up and at it, they make one hell of a din. :shock: We don't hide the fact we are electric when we take the booking. We do have half a string quartet in the line up and if you want quiet and peaceful book then. 8)

Latest posts

Back