Back in the shed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PsyMan

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Hope everyone is well.

After a heavy workload and some cold weather, I have finally found some time to get back in the shed. Thought I would warm up by finishing a small ash bowl I roughed out last year and also try my hand at power sanding. Glad the sanding revealed the following as opposed to another pass with my scraper: #-o

whoops.jpg

Rescue plan is now in position using some mahogany rescued from a skip AND someones firewood pile to create an insert and foot (old heavy window sills that finish lovely, the things people throw away)

Every mistake creates a new learning process so its all good

Simon

Welcome to the "Ive done that club" :oops: :oops: even after 9 or 10 it still frightens the s##' out of me .
But as someone will no doubt tell you it creates great design oppertunites :evil: what a load of old cobblers :mrgreen:
When asked I always say >dont all flower pots have a hole in them< my love :roll: :roll:
Keep turning and enjoy .

hi simon
i am another one guilty of doing exactly the same #-o
possibly more than once :oops:

but there can be a way to rescue it !!!
here's one that had to be rescued

6899738086_e5f0974b10_z.jpg

7045834329_2b5127ca81_z.jpg

sorry for the poor quality phone photos
cheers
paul-c

It's always a choker when you have put so much work into it already. I made a little yew suction fit box the other day, sanded, polished, parted off lid and box....I knew I had gone a bit thin on the bottom, but I thought I'd got away with it, and the finish was the best I had managed yet. I put the lid on, gave it a push on the bottom with my thumb to snap the lid into place and...it went throught the bottom. Gutted. I should really start believing my depth gauge.

That happened to me two weeks ago. Unfortunately my 12 x 4 spalted beech blank couldn't be rescued after it was splattered against two walls and the tool rest.

Back