Back in the shed at last

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

penman

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All

I have at last managed to get into the shed for an afternoon, the first time since I broke my ribs in june. Hope to be able to get more turning in soon as I have also been made redundant and will be finishing work on 11th September \:D/ \:D/

Hope you like this little effort

DSCF1644.jpg

DSCF1647.jpg

DSCF1649.jpg

It is english Cherry approx 5 1/2 inches dia by 2 1/2 inches high sanded down to 800 grit and finished in foodsafe oil.

Glad to be back
Malcolm

PS I have been keeping an eye on the forum though not contributing much

Very nice Malcolm like the different design. I`ve been asking a few people if they go to the lathe with an exact design in their head or does it evolve as you go?
Steve

Steve
I just let the wood talk to me as I turn it and see what come out at the end :D :D

Alun
Yes it is good to be back turning again the ribs a re just about OK now and every thing like laughing, coughing, sneezing and yawning are no longer exceedingly painful :wink: :wink:
Thanks Malcolm

Glad to see you back in the spin of things Malcolm, sorry to here about the employment front.

Hi all

Thanks for all your comments.
Ryan
The ribs are just about healed up now which is why I had a go in the shed at the weekend.
The redundancy wasn't unexpected I had been expecting it for about 12 months.

Malcolm

Back