B****y Women!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thomvic

Established Member
Reaction score
A few weeks ago I fitted cornice, 6" wide oak skirting (Taurus I think) and plaster architrave to a mate's lounge. It is an L shaped room converted from two rooms. There are the external angles of two chimney breasts and two alcoves plus the angle of the L - nine externals in all and not one was square! The cornice was no problem - a bit of filler that was to be painted over didn't matter. I am but an amateur so the skirtings took me almost two days. The mitres were a pig and the walls not being straight the skirtings had to be screwed and dowelled and I wanted to make a good job as he'd paid a lot for the wood that he was going to varnish. We were both pleased with the finished job - not a gap in sight.

I've been back today to view the finished job now that they've decorated. They've only painted the B****y skirtings haven't they!!!!!!! SWMBO didn't like the "bare" wood! I am gutted.

Richard

PS The house was only built in the 90's - didn't the brickies and/or plasterers square the angles then?

Women, can't live with them, can't kill them ;-)

Pete

There are only 3 types of blokes who can't understand women::

1. Young Men;

2. Middle-aged Men;

and (Yes you've guessed it):

3. Old Men.

;-)

AES

devonwoody":2rkwz10n said:
I've been married 57 years and mine is perfect. :)

Marriage has been likened to a 3 ring circus

1. Engagement Ring

2. Wedding Ring

3. Suffer Ring.

Roy

doorframe":u7nghbls said:
devonwoody":u7nghbls said:
I've been married 57 years and mine is perfect. :)

Marriage has been likened to a 3 ring circus

1. Engagement Ring

2. Wedding Ring

3. Suffer Ring.

Roy

Haven't heard that one before. I like it. It will be stored for future use.

To get back on topic...

I hope I'm not teaching you to suck eggs but the inside corners shouldn't need mitering if you used a coping cut.

I know how to do one and how they work but not sure how best to explain it - anyone help???

regards

Brian

I've seen chippies on site almost come to blows over the 'coping verses mitering' argument. Almost as dangerous as mentioning sharpening.

brianhabby":22dsrpl1 said:
To get back on topic...

I hope I'm not teaching you to suck eggs but the inside corners shouldn't need mitering if you used a coping cut.

I know how to do one and how they work but not sure how best to explain it - anyone help???

regards

Brian

I didn't mitre the inside corners - it was the external angles that I was complaining about and they do need to be mitres.
A "coping cut" for the internal angles - as I did it anyway - is simply one side straight cut and the other cut to match the moulding and butted up.

Richard

Eric The Viking":1c8gxydd said:
thomvic":1c8gxydd said:
A "coping cut" for the internal angles - as I did it anyway - is simply one side straight cut and the other cut to match the moulding and butted up.

Richard

Opens popcorn. Leans back & puts feet on sofa...

#-o :deer

E.

Popcorn?

I just get as relaxed as a rat on a couple of pint glasses of wine 8) Cheeper and less fattening. I mean I still want to get into my old KD from Singapore in the late 60s :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Painting oak :twisted: trouble is some folk think all wood is the same. Presumably the husband agreed to (sorry blackmailed) into the painting. She my have threatened to withdraw services.

This is an e-mail i got today about wives.......

When a man steals your wife, there is no better revenge than to let him keep her.

David Bissonette

After marriage, husband and wife become two sides of a coin; they just can't face each other, but still they stay together..

Sacha Guitry

By all means marry. If you get a good wife, you'll be happy. If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher.?
Socrates

Woman inspires us to great things, and prevents us from achieving them.

Anonymous

The great question... which I have not been able to answer... is, "What does a woman want?"

Dumas

I had some words with my wife, and she had some paragraphs with me.

Sigmund Freud

'Some people ask the secret of our long marriage. We take time to go to a restaurant two times a week. A little candlelight, dinner, soft music and dancing. She goes Tuesdays, I go Fridays.'

Anonymous

'There's a way of transferring funds that is even faster than electronic banking.?? It's called marriage.'

Sam Kinison

'I've had bad luck with both my wives.?
The first one left me, and the second one didn't.'

James Holt McGavra

Two secrets to keep your marriage brimming?
1. Whenever you're wrong, admit it,?
2. Whenever you're right, shut up.

Patrick Murra

The most effective way to remember your wife's birthday is to forget it once....

Nash

You know what I did before I married??
Anything I wanted to.

Anonymous

My wife and I were happy for twenty years.?
Then we met.

Henny Youngman

A good wife always forgives her husband when she's wrong.

Rodney Dangerfield

A man inserted an 'ad' in the classifieds: 'Wife wanted'. Next day he received a hundred letters.?
They all said the same thing: 'You can have mine.'

Anonymous

First Guy (proudly): 'My wife's an angel!'?
Second Guy: 'You're lucky, mine's still alive.'

Anonymous

Cheers.

Back