b/saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frank

Established Member
Reaction score
i changed the blade on my b/saw no probs folded the spare blade up its easy then started to cut some wood .what a pig them dure edge blades c*** the wood was burning the cut was s*** . what soft sod put the blade upside down :oops: :oops: :oops: turned the blade round ,them dure edge blades are brill .

Doh!
Nice one Frank! At least you got to the bottom of it!
Had a similar "Opps" incident today.....
Set up my Trend M+T jig to cut the joints in a cabinet. Timber is all prepared and ready to go. Set up a test run, even though I was eager (didn't want to cock it up, see :D ) Cut the tenon then bang! There was an un-used clamp under the jig and the cutter just kissed it. Chunk missing from the edge of the clamp but ruined the bottom of the router bit. And that bit was needed for ALL the cuts on my cabinet. (its a flaming imperial bit so will have to order another one, no running to B+Q :cry: )
Still, no harm done. Just annoying!
Philly :D

Mike,
Trend sell a set of bits to go with the M+T jig, all in imperial sizes. You can kinda get away with the free set that came with your router, but for a spot on fit the imperial ones are whatyou want-16mm or 15.87mm-try asking for that at B+Q!!!! :lol:
That makes the mortise 1/3rd of a mm thin, and if the same bit is used on the tenon, well you better start mixing up the epoxy..... :wink:
cheers
Philly :D

Funny; that doesn't seem to be a problem with the 'Rat...
whistling.gif

Cheers, Alf

Who has a QuickGrip clamp with a nicely routed groove in the pad for very similar reasons.
blush2.gif

what I'm after is a pattern bit (top mounted guide bearing), 1/2" shank, approx 11.85mm dia and between 12-15mm cutter depth... they're like finding hens teeth........

Latest posts

Back